Monday, December 10, 2007

A Life Full of Learning...

Looking back at our crazy pictures from our anniversary celebration last month, how glad I am that Curt and I spent that time together! Especially now that our lives have changed drastically since that post. Our lives are forever changed because of the news we received last week, but it has changed for the better. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last week, for those who don't know. I don't know much else at this point, but hope to find out more this week.

Of course I am scared and nervous about having such a radical surgery and going through chemo, but I am more focused on the important things in life....my family, the gospel, Jesus Christ, my friends, serving others... I know I wasn't living up to my potential as a wife, mother, and friend before "the news". I pray that I can become who my Father in Heaven would have me be.

Below is a copy of an e-mail I sent out.

To all:



I am finally able to sit down and collect my thoughts and make sure I express to you all that I’ve been feeling.



I am so extremely grateful for all the prayers, meals, phone calls, e-mails, flowers, and concern on my behalf. I feel bad that I haven’t been able to thank most of you in person or to even be able to respond to each e-mail I’ve received. Please know that I have been touched beyond what can be described into words. I have never felt so much love from my family, friends, and church members as I have this week. This week, I have also been blessed with such a strong feeling of love FOR each of you, too. It has been incredible and I am determined to do what I can to influence those around me through my latest trial.



I keep asking myself…”What can I learn from this experience?” and I have felt such a strong desire to be an example to those around me. To help lift others up through my example and to maybe help strengthen their faith and assurance that God does love each one of us. I know He loves me and I have felt his love. He has sent each one of you to me at this time in my life. I have no doubt that my family and I will make it through this trial, but I also know that we will be ok no matter what the outcome is. I am going to put up a good fight, but I also accept His will for me and my family. I can’t see the “big picture” like He can, and I have total faith in Him. I know there will be days when I will struggle, both spiritually and physically, but I hope to keep those to a minimum!



So, thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you have done and all that you will do for me and my family in the future! Just know that no act of kindness goes unnoticed and I have been praying that those who are helping us at this time will be blessed abundantly for their efforts.



Love,

Charlene

5 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Wow Charlene, you are amazing. I am so impressed by your faith. I wish mine was even half that. You will get through this and the support others are giving you, you will be to someone else. Keep posting, your my inspiration!

jana said...

Charlene, I've said it before and I'll say it again...you are the toughest cookie I know. This will not be easy, but you have a huge support team behind you every step of the way. My deepest regards for you and your family. You are my inspiration as well!

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

You're in our prayers, Charlene. Curt, too. We love you guys!

lackrik said...

Oh my gosh Charlene! I'm so sorry to hear with all that your family has had to go through over the years.

Huge ((HUGS)) to you and lots of prayers for you and your family.