Several Days ago,
Jake and I made a stop at Costco for a few items. As we were walking through the parking lot to get back to the car, an older couple was walking towards the store. The man saw Jake and I and said...
"I've got something for your boy!"
"I've got something for your boy!"
I was confused. Not knowing if he was talking to me...and if he was, what the heck was he talking about??
His sweet little wife walked towards me as the man went back to their car to get something from inside it. She said that he is retired and he loves to spend his time making wooden toys. Whenever they go somewhere, he likes to give away the toys that he's made to random children that he sees. How SWEET!!
He walked back towards us and handed Jake a wooden car. I was BEYOND touched and thanked him over and over again, saying how sweet he was to do such a thing. Jakey loves his little car and every time I look at it, I think of this sweet man.
2 comment(s):
aw that is so cute! what a nice old man! ty is always making those faces. he is so funny. i miss my boys! after this week things will be better and i can come out there.
has it really been since christmas since i was out there?
Post a Comment