Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What a Day

Here was our Tuesday in a nutshell...

I took Ty to see the dentist that morning (his 2 teeth have turned gray from the incident on Memorial Day...read previous posts for more info) to get his teeth x-ray'd. Luke played the video games that they have there quietly, while Jake screamed and fought me as the dentist and I were trying to have a conversation. Good times. Turns out, his teeth do have damage to the roots, but we're going to just watch them for now because they aren't causing him any pain or discomfort. Shheww!

While Jake was taking his afternoon nap, the 2 older boys and I were playing on the floor in the family room. I kept thinking I heard a little meow coming from outside. Our cat was in the house, and I knew that didn't sound like Cooper's meow. Anyway, I went out to our side yard and found a little kitten laying down in the shade. I tried to get it, but it ran away into our front yard. After about 30 minutes, I finally was able to catch the poor little thing. I felt so bad for it because it was around 112 degrees outside!
In the meantime, Jake woke up from his nap. While I was trying to get the kitten settled and to keep it from running wild in my house, THIS happened to Ty! Jake pulled one of Curt's guitars off the wall, Luke tried to catch it, but the guitar ended up hitting poor Ty in the head.

Resulting in yet another trip to Urgent Care. We left there with one staple in his head to close the laceration. Ty was brave as usual, but he did cry when the dr. put in the staple...only to have to remove it and put in a new one! He didn't get the first one in the right spot. I felt so sad for Ty, but he did an awesome job. He was making the dr. and all of the nurses laugh of course! He is such a ham and LOVES to make people laugh! They gave him a big grape popsicle before we were sent on our way.

When we first walked into the Urgent Care, they asked for our last name. The guy then asked if Ty has been there before. "Unfortunately...Yes, he has." As a matter of fact, it was only like 3 weeks ago. I'm afraid if one more thing happens to this kid...CPS will come looking for me!

4 comment(s):

Natalie said...

poor ty! hopefully your urgent care is close by :)

Alayna said...

OH...my poor little buddy! Maybe he needs to move in with me to avoid future hospital visits.

Owen said...

A STAPLE?!?!?! Yikes! I think I may have passed out! Poor, poor Ty. What a warrior. Sounds like you could use a GNO....hmmmm.

Trisha said...

I don't know how you do three boys. One boy in our house keeps me on my toes! I'm sorry that your day was so crazy, but honestly, it is great to know that other moms out there have days like mine. Thanks for the laugh!