Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Staple Removal


The boys and I went to the Dr's office this morning to get Ty's staple taken out. Ty is such a brave kid! He asked me if it would hurt and I told him that it might just a little. We left it at that.


He sat very still for the Dr. when she took it out. He honestly didn't even flinch. As soon as it was out he said, "That didn't hurt!". It was really cute! His head bled for a few minutes after, but he was a trooper, as usual!


A little while after, we went across the street to Monda's house for a swim. When we were getting dried off and ready to head back home...Ty somehow hit one of the patio chairs and got a cut by his eye! It was bleeding, of course, and I was thinking "OH CRAP!! NOT AGAIN!!". Thankfully, it is a tiny cut and WON'T require stitches OR staples. Hallelujah!!


**A note to myself**

Be more careful with what you say around your children. Example: getting into the car the other day Ty says "It's fweakin (freakin') hot in here!"....AND....while looking for a specific toy Ty says "I don't fweakin know where it's at!".


Wonderful.

2 comment(s):

Candice said...

Maggee just came up to me and said "Mom, why don't I see my boyfriend Ty anymore?" So sad! She misses him as much as I do. :( Tell him I said to stop being so crazy with the medical emergencies...he needs to spread them out a bit more.

lackrik said...

What is it with boys and head trauma? LOL! Jack got stitches on his noggin about the same time too...... I guess I better get used to it with 3 boys. You too, eh? lol

Glad he's ok!