Well, we survived! Here's a quick re-cap...
* The night before my surgery, I really wanted to do something fun with our boys. So we decided to take them to Peter Piper Pizza where they could play and get all of their energy out. All 3 boys had a great time...as for mom and dad...we definitely did it for the kids! I had a headache by the time we left, but it was well worth it to see the boys having so much fun.
* Tucking the kids into bed that night was rough on me. Luke was crying because he was afraid I was going to die. My heart breaks for him. We did our best to comfort him and to let him know that I was going to be ok. Luke wondered how Noma knew she was going to die. We explained that the doctors gave her medicine and it just wasn't working and she wasn't getting better. It's a tough tough lesson for our little boys to learn, but I can only imagine how this experience is going to mold them and help them to become the men that God wants them to be.
* Marla (Grandma Holbrook) stayed with the boys while we were in the hospital. She then took them to stay at her house once Luke started his Christmas break.
* On Curt's 29th b-day, I was in surgery for about 11 hours. Curt and Rich (my father-in-law waited in the waiting room the whole time. We were hoping they had some recliners or couches for the guys to rest on, but they didn't! Curt had a couple of his buddies come visit him and bring him food while he was waiting.
* After a day in ICU, I was moved to the regular floor. They discharged me on Friday, December 21st. The doctors were amazed at how well I was recovering. I was and continue to be amazed! I thought I would be in so much more pain than I am, but I guess I have a high pain tolerance.
* The boys came back home so they could sleep in their own beds when Christmas morning came. The Pajama Elf dropped off some jammies for the kids on Christmas Eve. Luke was so excited because he peeked out the window and saw the elf's leg as he was running away! I'm just glad he didn't recognize that leg! Luke was saying, "Mom!! I saw the pajama elf's leg! He's a REAL person!". It was cute. The boys were excited to get their new jammies, except for Jake. He was ready for bed, so he wasn't a happy camper. When Luke opened up his jammies he was so excited..."NFL!! NFL!!" and Ty said, "It's TARS (Cars)!".
* Christmas morning, everyone had fun opening their presents. Rich, Marla, and Alayna then came over with breakfast burrito fixins'. That evening, we went to Rich and Marla's for yummy dinner. By that time, I was pooped and ready to hit the sack. The boys stayed over at their house for the next few nights. They've had a lot of fun spending so much time with their grandma and grandpa. We are so grateful for them and their willingness to take care of our boys for us. As sad as it make me sometimes, I know that I cannot recover without some help with the boys. Jake will be spending the most time at their house because I can't lift anything for another 5 weeks or so. It's impossible for me to take care of him by myself and I hate that! But, this is only temporary and I know Jake is in good hands. He's been such a happy boy, except for when he was sick, and it does do my heart good to see him having a fun time with grandma.
* Each day I continue to feel better and am anxious for life to get back to normal. I meet with both of my surgeons next week and on Wednesday will get the oncologist info.
* We continue to feel extremely blessed and are so appreciative to all those who have helped our family. From the phone calls, to the prayers, we thank you so much!
Friday, December 28, 2007
Post-Christmas/Surgery Update...
Posted by Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase at 8:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comment(s):
I'm so glad you are recovering well.
I am glad you were home with the boys. I can only imagine how scared Luke was. Poor thing. Poor mama and daddy.
I am glad you are home.
Please keep updating with what is happening. You are in our prayers. Praying 2008 will be a blessed year for you all.
I didn't realize Curt and I are a day apart in age, crazy!
((HUGS)) Charlene! I've been thinking about you and sending prayers your way!
Post a Comment