
**This is what 7 years of marriage has done to us! Ha!
Curt and I got back today from a 2 day vacation to celebrate our anniversary (which is actually tomorrow the 18th!)!! Grandma Holbrook came over on Thursday afternoon to stay with the kids and as soon as she arrived we were OUTTA THERE!!
Curt had made reservations for us at the Doubletree Resort in Scottsdale, so we didn't go far! We had such a great time!! I haven't laughed that hard in y-e-a-r-s!! We went to the movies (twice!), shopped, ate, played Skee Ball, air hockey, and lots of other fun games at Dave & Buster's, rented movies to watch in our room, and just really truly had an enjoyable time!!
It is so easy for me, as a mother, to focus all of my time and energy on our kids and neglect my dear hubby. It was such an awesome opportunity for us to just focus on "US", and we hope to do that more often.
My mom wrote this to me shortly before she died: "...November 19, 2003... Yesterday was your 3rd wedding anniversary. It was so nice that Curt's mom watched Luke part of the day so you could spend some time together. It's so important to never lose focus on the two of you, or someday you wake up and realize you have nothing in common...just kids."
How right she was.
Of course, none of this would've been possible without Curt's mom and her willingness to take care of our rambunctious boys. The boys had a lot of fun with her and Grandpa and I didn't have to worry...I knew they were in good hands.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Happy 7th Anniversary to Us!!
Posted by Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase at 7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comment(s):
That was such a sweet post. I love that you went to the movies twice and then rented a video. I WANT TO DO THAT! Its nice to get away from the kids no matter how far you go. Bill and I have done a weekend at the Double Tree in Scottsdale, it is still in my memory bank, and thats saying alot, cuz most things just slide right out. Happy 7th!
Those pics are priceless! I will be heading to your blog today whenever I need a pick me up to look at them again. :)
Congrats! That is where we spent our 6th anniversary! So much fun! I am glad you had such a nice time.
And your mom couldn't be more truthful!
Post a Comment