Luke and I were snuggling on the couch tonight spending some good quality time together. The other boys were already in bed alsleep and Curt was at Scouts. The house was nice and quiet.
We had read about Nephi in the Scriptures and then read a wacky Dr. Seuss book that Luke had checked out from the school library. We went through all the months of the year and discussed whose birthdays were when. He can hardly contain himself when he talks about turning 6 on December 4th!! He still cracks up every time we talk about how he and Grandma Debbie share the same birthday. I don't know why it's so funny to him, but it makes me laugh that he's so tickled by it.
And then, there were the snuggles. I love to cuddle with my boys, but Luke is usually the only willing participant. Occasionally Ty will cuddle with me, but he usually doesn't last very long. Tonight, though, Luke said..."Mom, I just really love you too much. I think I have a crush on you." It was funny that my almost 6 year-old is already talking about crushes! So, I tried my best to explain what a crush was and that he didn't have one on me. It reminded me of when my nephew Andrew was around Luke and Ty's age and had determined that he was going to marry me when he grew up.
Little kids are so innocent, and I wish I could freeze my kids at that stage forever!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Priceless
Posted by Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase at 9:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comment(s):
Post a Comment