On Sept. 21st, we drove up to Payson for our yearly ward campout. This was actually the first time I have ever camped with Curt and the boys. He usually takes them while I stay home because either: A) I'm pregnant (which I am NOT right now!)
B) we have a wee baby that I don't want to camp with
C) or because I need some "mommy" time and a break
from the two older boys
I decided it would be fun to go this time and make some memories with my boys. Our first camping experience as a family of five was pretty much what I had expected. I had a feeling that Jake wouldn't sleep very well in the tent, which he did NOT. He woke up several times during the night screaming his head off, while in the meantime, waking up his brothers, who then started crying because he woke them up. Sounds like great fun, eh? That was a loooong night, but once the sun finally came up, we were ready to go hiking and explore a bit. After the men cooked up a yummy breakfast, we packed up and headed to the service project. We have a kid in the ward who is working on his Eagle, so most of us pitched in to help that morning. We were to dig up this plant called Star Thistle (I think) which is actually taking over the other wild plants in the area and causing a lot of problems. Luke and Ty had fun playing in the stream alongside the pasture that we were weeding. I'm sure I was a sight to behold. I was so sore the next couple of days from digging up those weeds with the shovel, all the while with a 25 lb. brick (aka Jake) strapped to my back. It was a lot of work, but very fun and rewarding. As always when I travel, I was glad to be home.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Our Ward Family Campout
Posted by Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comment(s):
Oh how I remember the weed pulling service projects from highschool. Were they yellow? You guys have some beautiful kids. I hope to meet them sometime in the near future.
Luke is such a sweetie! I'm glad you guys had fun. I feel for you and the whole sleeping thing.
Camping is so fun. Ask curt about calf creek falls and the star spangled banner. What a time.
Post a Comment