Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fall Break!

The kids' Fall Break has officially started. I am looking forward to just chillin at home and not having to run around dropping off/picking up kids throughout my day. Luke always gets so bored when he's not in school, so I will have to keep him busy. Fall Break is when a lot of families I know go on vacations, and I sort of wish we were going SOMEWHERE. But, then I remember what it's like to travel with Jake and how he doesn't sleep well if he's not in his own bed. We'll have plenty of opportunities to take fun trips when the kids are older...at least that's what I keep telling myself!

On Wednesday, I had parent/teacher conference with Luke's teacher. It went really well. He is excelling on every level and, of course, I was so proud of him! She praised him for being so kind to the other kids and the teachers. Apparently he always talks about his "baby brother" at school and how he loves to play with him. His teacher also told me that Luke's reading level is a lot higher than the other kids, so she is going to start having him read different books during the day. Luke is a very intelligent kid, but it isn't because of us. He has always had an interest in learning and, sadly, Curt and I don't really sit down with him to try to teach him more. Luke has learned mostly on his own. Perfect example...he was about 18 months old when I discovered that he knew almost the entire alphabet by sight. One day, I drew an "A" on his Magna Doodle and asked him what it was. To my amazement, we went through the whole alphabet and he only missed 4 letters! Had I worked with him before?? Uh, no.

Anyway, I love all 3 of my beautiful boys! They bring me the most joy and frustration I ever thought possible. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

0 comment(s):