Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Meeting #13

A couple of weeks back, I saw on Twitter that Kurt Warner's wife, Brenda, was going to be at a bookstore in Mesa for a book signing to promote her new book. When I saw that her hubby was going to be there with her, I knew I had to take the boys! While Curt and Jake stayed behind, I took Luke and Ty to the book signing. We only waited in line for about 20-25 minutes before we got our chance to say "hi" and to get autographs. Luke brought his Cardinals football for Kurt to sign and he and Brenda both signed my copy of her new book. They weren't able to chit chat much, but it was still neat to see them. I think Luke, especially, was in such shock! He is a BIG football fan and treasures that autographed football from one of his favorite players :)

We're almost there!




Before we walked away, I mentioned to Kurt that Luke was born in Burlington Iowa (where Kurt used to bag groceries before he played in the NFL). He said it was a small world and that he was born in Burlington, too. It's cool for Luke to have something in common with the famous Kurt Warner!

2 comment(s):

smashlie said...

aww that is really cool! I bet luke really loved that! I forgot he used to live in Burlington!

Papa and G'ma Debbie said...

Luke! That is soooo cool! We are so glad you got to go meet one of your favs. I had no idea Kurt Warner was from little ol' Burlington, Iowa!