Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another Cast For Jake :(

This was our happy boy before....


This is him after...













On Sept 2nd,
Jake and his brothers were playing out in the backyard
after the boys had gotten home from school. I heard Jake screaming so I hurried outside and found all 3 boys on the trampoline. Jake was in obvious pain. He wouldn't put any weight on his right leg. I knew that wasn't a good sign. As soon as Curt got home, I took Jake to the Urgent Care. Long story short, he wore a temporary splint for a week, until we were able to see the pediatric orthopedic specialist. He took more x-rays and informed me that he suspected a "toddler fracture" on Jake's tibia. The dr couldn't actually see the fracture, but was able to see an area on the tibia where it was healing. So....Jake got to have a full cast on his leg. He was such a good boy! I was so proud of him :) The cast hasn't slowed him down at all. He will only wear the cast for about 2 1/2 weeks and we are very much looking forward to then!!

4 comment(s):

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness! Is this what I have to look forawrd to with my little boys?

smashlie said...

aww...it makes me so sad! but it is hilarious to watch him walk in it! poor cowboy jake...

Alayna said...

He looks so cute! I know that is terrible to say. What a champ! And I am so glad that he isn't afraid to sport a purple cast. That's my boy!

Katy Wilson said...

Hi Charlene....I ran across this blog the other day and thought of you...it looks like she uses intesnse things like fondent...but I know you like making cakes and I thought you could get some ideas from her....http://thecakecow.blogspot.com/