Friday, May 9, 2008

Kindergarten Program and Preschool Graduation

Grandma Holbrook, Jake, Ty, and I went to the Kindergarten Spring Program at Luke's school a couple of weeks ago. It was a MAD HOUSE! Grandma was able to get Luke's attention before the program started and waved to him. He apparently wasn't able to spot me, and as you can see below, was starting to get a bit "concerned" that Mommy wasn't there. It made me sad that he went through the whole program thinking that I didn't end up going...when I told him I would be there.

Luke and his class did an awesome job singing "Sugar Bee" and it was cute to watch him do the actions, too! I was so proud of him! After it was over, we waited by Luke's classroom for his class to get back. When his teacher saw me she turned around and said, "Luke! Look! Your mom is here!". He obviously told her at the end of the program that I wasn't there. Awww. That made me sad.



Ty "graduated" from his preschool last week. He still has another full year of preschool before he starts Kindergarten, but it was fun to celebrate his year of learning and growing. Grandma Holbrook came with us, as well as Jake. Ty has had so much fun with his teacher Ms. Dieu. She started getting choked up when talking about the kids and saying how much fun they've been...and how much she'll miss them. It made me get all emotional, too. As a parent, it is so touching when you know that someone else genuinely loves your child. Especially at a time like this...when my boys have been faced with some pretty difficult things.
Ty had one line to say in his program and I tried to get him to practice, but he wouldn't do it. During the program, after he said his part, Ms. Dieu turned around and said how funny that was...because apparently he wouldn't say the part for her either when they practiced! What a turkey.
After the graduation, Grandma gave Ty $5 for him to buy a treat. He was so excited! He chose an airplane and helicopter pictured below. He handed the lady his money and even got 75 cents back in change which went right into our San Diego jar!




2 comment(s):

Natalie said...

luke's face is hilarious! as is ty's in that last picture :)

TR said...

Curt and Charlene-
Hey guys! This is Christian Rowe (Bennett). I found your link on Cody's blog. It has been way too long. What a cute family you have. We hope all is well and would love to keep in touch with you guys.
Love Chris
send me your email and we'll invite you to our blog. rowechristian@yahoo.com