In a nutshell...
* One of my best buddies drove all the way from northern CA to spend a few days with me last week! It was GREAT to see her and I am so bummed that I didn't take any pictures! I miss her...sniff sniff
* My sister Christie also came to see us! She flew in on Friday evening and left again for Ohio that Sunday. Although it was a quick trip, it was so good to see her. The boys loved having her at our house for a couple of days. Hopefully she'll come back soon because almost everyone was crying when we dropped her off at the airport.
* It is our family goal this year to have Family Home Evening every week for the WHOLE YEAR! We're going 3 weeks strong so far! Our reward for reaching our goal......a trip to San Diego!! The boys are stoked to go to Sea World, the zoo, and the beach! Ty prays for Sea World every night (so cute). We may even throw in a trip to Lego Land because we've heard so many people raving about it. NOW all's we have to do is save $$$$ for the trip. That's the hard part.
* Curt got his first "break" from the kids on Saturday! That is certainly worth noting because he's taken on a lot since I've been recovering from my surgery. He spent several hours golfing with some of his buddies.
* My dad and his wife Debbie are coming to spend a few days with us this week! They should be here in a little while and I am very much looking forward to seeing them. They are going to help with the boys so Curt's mom can have a little break. The boys are so excited to see Papa and Grandma Debbie!! Luke keeps begging me to let him sleep with them! Oh brother.
* My first round of chemo starts tomorrow...and I am a bit nervous, to be honest. I'm just looking forward to getting it over with and our lives getting back to normal (if that's possible!).
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
The Latest Happenings
Posted by Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comment(s):
You have had a busy week! I love the pictures of your kids with Christie! I wish you the best tomorrow. Amy said she talked to you today...just tell yourself, you have to start so you can finish. You will be in our prayers (like always). We love ya Charlene!
I will be thinking of you as you start your chemo.
I am glad your friends and family are all coming out to help you and support you. What a great support group you have!
We miss seeing you all!
San Diego is the best place to take your family! WE LOVE it! Let me know if you have any questions. We love it there!!!!
Good luck Char, you will be in my prayers.
Just thinking about you today...Day 3! Are you nauseaus or tired or both? I'll say a little prayer for you! Stay strong!
Post a Comment