This past weekend I made my 2nd attempt at cake decorating! My friend had a baby shower over the weekend and I volunteered to make the cake. As it got closer to the shower date, I was in a panic and thought for sure I would screw it up! I decided to just do my own design at the last minute and am very pleased with how it turned out. I was so nervous at the shower and really wanted to make my exit when they were ready to cut and serve the cake! After lots and lots of compliments and encouraging comments, I was able to relax.
Along with starting up cake decorating, I have recently taken on babysitting full time during the week! I watch a neighbor's baby girl and will be adding at least one or two more kids to the mix soon, too. I am extremely busy now (and tied down more than ever), but I am enjoying it and am excited about the extra $$$ !!
We also have a new roommate! Ashlie moved back in with us last week and will be staying with us until she transfers to the U of A in Tucson. We're excited to have her around!


4 comment(s):
Awesome cake! Again, I wish I was that creative...anytime I try something detailed like this my hands start shaking and everthing ends up a mess! Adorable boys you've got there.
Wow! My sis-in-law sure is talented! Great cake! I sure wish I was as creative as you. I tried my hand at cake decorating and failed miserably... What a fun thing to do on the side. Maybe one day (and I stress maybe) if I get married you could do a cake for me?! AMAZING!!!!!!
oh, by the way, that comment was from me (I forgot to write my name)...
The cake turned out FABULOUS! I'm glad you guys had a good Halloween. Ashlie's heading off to U of A? Wow!
Post a Comment